Thursday, May 09, 2013

Shuhui's 21st: A Lilac Affair

Preparation: 

My friends will know how excited I was to hold my own birthday party! For the past 20 years, I don't really celebrate birthdays because my parents don't really care about it, I can't even request for a cake simply because my dad don't eat cake and so I can't have it. Nevertheless, I was glad that my friends would put in effort to surprise me with a birthday cake for the past few years!

Okay back to topic, so, it was my first time to hold a party and I spent a lot of time brainstorming about what to do, what theme, etc! And now I know it wasn't an easy job, from planning to implementing there's so much things to do!! Moreover, my exams ended a day before the party, so I had to study hard and yet prepare for the party!


My exam ended on 3 May 11a.m., and I immediately rushed home to pack my stuff and all, and waited for Kaiyuan to cab down to the venue. I booked a suite at Aranda Country Club, 3D2N for $642 (NTUC plus member price). And surprisingly, I thought it would be like a chalet, but it's more like a hotel room, and it's really big! Worth it (Y)! From Friday late afternoon to Saturday afternoon, the two of us spent our time decorating the whole place! And I have to say that I'm impressed by ourselves because the place looked so different from before!

The only thing I would complain about would be the lighting! SUPER BAD, especially for phototaking! I think the place lacked a light at one corner, and lit up at the other corner! NOT RIGHT LEH

The crepe flowers and all were made by me, and Kaiyuan designed the layout! 
Our hardwork for the first night! We did this till midnight @.@ the tassels were really quite tedious! And now I hung them in my room hoho! :D
So proud of ourselves! ^^
And special thanks to my boy who came down immediately after booking out to help me too!

photo grabbed from Eunice: The goodies bags I made for all the guests! Handmade those packaging with the help of my boy, and made these chocolates during exam week! 


The Actual Party:
Finally it's the actual party! Food came and friends start coming in! Really glad to meet my friends because it had been damn long since I met up with my friends, due to the busy schedule in school! And I finally understood how my other friends felt during their party, just one word: BUSY. I was like a bumble bee, had to fly from tables to tables to talk a while, and ask them to get the food, then fly to serve them the desserts and my goodies bags, and ask them to write for guest book! I'm really thankful to have Kaiyuan with me! Although she "out shined" me and behaved more like a birthday girl than me, she made the atmosphere more comfortable and helped me to serve my guests! (L)

Okay let pictures do the talking!

my bff  

My family who was quite reluctant to come for my party at least, but in the end came down the earliest  ♥  
My boy's family came down too! :) Really thankful to them for showing so much love and care to just their son's girlfriend! 
The Seattle bimbos! -Ignore Kaiyuan's cleavage which stole my limelight that day!
My uni girls!
  ♥  
Riverside clique!
Moondays! Quite surprised that they will come actually haha
DBA09!
And then cake cutting session!


My pretty cake from Sooperlicious! Yummy red velvet with cream cheese at definitely affordable price! Anyone who wants the contact can ask me for it! :D
The awkward me! I don't really like how my aunt always try to squeeze the twin in front, and now I cannot find a photo with just me! D: 
Once again, my family! 






My SPMAC girls!! A pity that Kai couldn't make it, but he called to wish me :D
Beer+Egg Clique!
My boy   
My OOTD! Eyelet Swing Dress from ChaceyLove and hairband from Qoo10!
All the love received from my friends and family!
Was buying drinks and my boy surprised me with this panda!  Hehe love it, and it floated all around my room now!

The party ended about 9 plus, and people started to leave. My SPMAC girls and Beer+Egg Clique stayed, and chit chat till Quoway and Changhong left at 2a.m. An unexpected ending to my party because I expected lots of alcohol HAHAHA, but maybe next time ;)


ENDING WITH MY FAVOURITE PHOTO:

Hehehe love this so much that it's my wallpaper on my phone and I printed this photo out too LOL #overlyattachedgirlfriend

I took so long to get this post up because Blogger and Singtel keep screwing up!



No comments:

Post a Comment