Thursday, February 21, 2013

Happy Chinese New Year!

080213 Friday 
On Chinese New Year Eve's eve, I went down to town to meet up with DBA09 after school for our reunion dinner! Invited Eugene along because they usually allow +1, but in the end realised I'm the only one with +1 again... -.-"

So, we had reservations in many different restaurants, but decided to stick with Imperial Treasures Steamboat at Ion Orchard. I guess it's quite pricy for steamboat, because it charges by ala carte while other steamboat restaurants are buffet style? But I have to say, price for quality, the ingredients they used were really fresh and good, no wonder the price!


In the end, its $20 plus per pax, so I guess it wasn't too bad. But of course, it wasn't too filling as we went for second round - Dessert at Delicious! Delicious restaurant is located at Scotts Square, and I have to say the food looks really good! Although we only had desserts, just looking at the dishes of the customers around us made us hungry again!

My chocolate caramel tart! It's super sweet!
I think the price is quite reasonable too, the dessert cost $8 or $9 I think. Will visit another time to try the main course too! That's all for that day, ending with a group photo! 

Group photo :)


090213 Saturday
Finally, it's CNY eve! I was very happy because it means long break from school! So, on this day, I don't have any plan as my family already had reunion dinner a week ago. Eugene invited over to his family's reunion dinner. The dinner was a coffee shop at Clementi, I think the food was so-so but a bit overpriced.

After the dinner, we went back to Eugene's house, and rested a while, and then off we went to Chinatown to join in the festive atmosphere hahaha! It's my first time there during CNY period honestly, because my parents hate crowded place and won't step out of the house during these periods. 

Look at the crowd!
We spotted a stall selling a plastic bag for $5/10, and you can fill up with any amount of mochis you want, as long as its in the bag its yours! Quite cool concept eh, guess they were clearing the stocks on this last day of sales! My boy, together with his brother and his dad, joined in to grab the mochis =.=, while he ordered me to stay at the side... In the end, he got 1 full bag of mochis and 2 packs of peanuts for my parents! ^.^ #reasonwhyIlovehim he took care of my family better than I do!

Met up with Weiwei and Daniel at Chinatown for a while, then I went home to wash up and Daniel picked me up to join the rest for supper at some prata place at Woodlands! Finally ended my day at 3 plus 4 plus am -.- TIRED MAX.

100213 Sunday
DAY 1 OF CNY. As I had said, my grandma passed away not long ago, and according to Chinese traditions, our family is not supposed to celebrate Chinese New Year. But my mum said I'm still a kid (when I'm actually going to be 21...), so its okay for me, and so I joined Eugene's family for CNY this year.

Woke up early in the morning, and their relatives started coming to have lunch together. 

Lunch cooked by Eugene's dad!
I was pretty amazed by his dad's cooking, because it's quite nice eh! I mean, the cooking was always done by his mum, so I didn't expect his dad to cook so well! And now I realised the Tan Family guys can cook well... EXCEPT MY BOYFRIEND T.T. Although he kept saying he's a good cook just that he don't have the chance to show it, I DON'T BELIEVE OK ._. 

After lunch, time to dress up and head to his grandfather's house! 

My ootd!
Put in effort to put a proper makeup that day, with eyeliner, eyeshadow and lipstick which Simin gave me hehe! Been so long since I look so presentable hahaha! And Eugene chose that dress of the day when we were shopping one day, and he said its the nicest dress that I have T.T... my fashion sense got so bad meh!!!

Helped Eugene to take a ootd shot too, and I added stupid hashtags like #handsome #coolboi #cute for him, and someone commented on it HAHAHA! 

My hansumboi91 hohoho!


His relatives were very nice to me :). His grandfather is very cute, and I like him because he said I was pretty hehehehe (gave me a thumb up sign)! His aunties were very nice too, keep offering food and stuff. And his uncle also very funny!

Eugene played mahjong with his uncle and cousin, and he really got no luck =.=, he lost all the way! I played a few rounds for him, and I won almost every round -.-... So his uncle told me I can just hit his head when he wasn't paying attention or he was playing the wrong way hahaha! My mahjong skill certified by him! (Y) In the end, Eugene lost $30 plus by just playing 20 and 40 cents -.-.....

His aunt was a good cook too! She's from Thailand, and the food she prepared had much more spice and salt, so it was damn good!!

Finally left their place at night and quickly get home to rest ><


110213 Monday
Day 2 of CNY, and guess what, I spent the whole day at home intending to study! But in the end I just spent the whole day rolling on my bed and procrastinating... -STAB-


120213 Tuesday
Spent my morning and afternoon again struggling with work, and Eugene came to my house in the afternoon to accompany me. We joined his family for dinner, at Sakura at Marine Country Club or sth one. I had a bad impression of Sakura when I first ate it at the Sakura in Woodlands quite long ago. But this Sakura is very different, it's a BBQ and Steamboat place! I have to admit the food tasted so good, the meat and fishes were so fresh, and there's really a wide variety! They have things I don't see in other steamboat places, like salmon, salmon belly, bakwa, duck and the meat is separated into different parts somemore! But it's a little pricey at $30 per pax, and long travel distance I guess, because it's at Punggol!! But nonetheless, it's worth the price I swear! It's one of the best steamboat place I've been! 

Okay, after the good food, we sent Gary back to Pasir Ris to book in, and Eugene and I went to his friend's house to Bai nian. After that I joined his friends for a while before heading home and back to studyyyyy.



There's one more update to do: Valentines' Day! I'm excited by just typing everything down!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment