Sunday, July 21, 2013

TAIWAN PART 1

DAY 1

On the plane
So on 1st July morning, Shi Teng and I boarded our plane and off we went to Taiwan! My third time to Taiwan, but still excited like the first! And after about 4 hours of flight, we finally reached Taiwan! Cabbed to our hotel, and the hotel gave us free upgrade to 3 pax room and free breakfast every morning! 

our room! Big and spacious! 
the toilet! Clean and big!

After slacking in the room for a while, we finally stepped out on to the streets of Taiwan!

My ootd for Day 1! Love my cap I got from gmart which is the one Song Ji Hyo wore!

First destination was 台北车站! There is some underground shopping area under the metro station. We walked through the whole place, but nothing much that attracts me! Everywhere is pretty much selling the same stuff, and in the end we both didn't buy anything and decided to head off to 士林夜市! It is really big, selling food, clothes, shoes and many other items! Everyone who go Taipei should really go that place! 

And here are my loots from 士林夜市. Firstly the food to satisfy my hunger for the whole day (budget airline doesn't provide mea :( )...
阿宗面线, a must try in Taiwan! They have outlets in 士林夜市 and 西门町! The  面线 is really thin and the gravy is good! 
And this twirling fried potatoes! I would say it's only so-so, I expected it to be like potato chips, but it's thicker! Nothing special about it
And my shopping loots! 
Okay a bit crazy because it was only day 1 and all these were from just the night market ALONE! Bought 4 pairs of shorts, 1 denim vest, 1 floral romper, 1 top, 1 pair of floral sneakers, 1 pouch (or pencil case I don't know its cheap so I grabbed it!), 1 floral drawstring bag and 2 pairs of shades! I'm trying to be more feminine hence so many floral stuff HAHAHA! It's like the trend in Taiwan one, everywhere also floral, so have to get them hahaha! And the drawstring bag, it's like so 邋遢 in Singaporean sense, but it's trending in Taiwan that so many girls and guys I saw used them! So I got myself one handmade floral drawstring bag and there's only one of it in the whole world HEHEHE! 


DAY 2

silly us forgot to remove the stickers on the shades hahahahah! XD
Made the effort to dress up, so here's my OOTD for day 2! I looked thin in this picture hehe! 
a random shot with flowers because I think I look good here HAHAHA!
We had our lunch before we started shopping at 五分埔. 五分埔 is Taipei's commercial wholesale district. It's super big that I couldn't finish even after being there 3 times! We had our lunch at a small stall just beside the entrance of 五分埔.
卤肉饭,鸭肉冬粉,炒菜心
Tea break after round 1 of shopping! Really love Taiwan's 茶叶蛋

Hmmm I think shopping in 五分埔 requires lot of skills. They don't have nice and cheap clothes everywhere, we will have to dig for good stuff in the stores. For me, price is more than anything at a wholesale place, so I dug at every sales corner and managed to get many cheap stuff! And at 五分埔, it's important to bargain, because the shop owners anyhow name you a price one! I encountered one store, the boss charged me 200NT but the sales keeper wanted to collect 300NT from me! So the rule is to just bargain, if it's not the price you want just walk away because you possibly will find the same thing at another store too. 

My loots! Love the white lacy dress and the 3 matching shoes heheheh! 
So in the end, I got myself 5 tops (2 long ones to wear as dress), 2 dresses, 1 pair of shorts and 3 pairs of socks!

Done with our shopping, we went to 饶河夜市 to get our street food! It was raining really heavily and we had to settle in a store before the rain got smaller.

So we had mango shaved ice while waiting!

And when the rain got smaller, we continued on our street food hunt!
Saw many people queuing for this so we went to get one too (Singaporean style~), 玉子烧, soso only, just egg with some other filling!
This store was hidden at the back, but it definitely worth people's attention! Baked potato with some fillings and damn thick nacho cheese! DABOMBXZ!
And my all-time favourite, 台湾香肠! 




Thats all for Day 1 and 2! Will continue posting after I'm back from Oweek Dry Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment