Friday, August 16, 2013

TAIWAN PART 5

DAY 10



It was the start of our 宜兰 trip! Woke up early in the morning and traveled down to 宜兰! It was only about 1 and a half hour bus ride from Taipei! The first destination was Lin Mei Shipan Trail! Okay I wasn't looking too forward to it because it's all about walking and looking! And the weather was very very very very HOT!

Some photos along the way:



Managed to buy this peanut ice cream before the long walk, yummy but I hate the 葱 inside!!

After the long walk, we had lunch at a restaurant! We had really good food as compared to when we were in Taipei, I guess that's the difference between rural and urban area!

yummm~ everything were good except the sashimi! It was frozen when served! 
And I saw these qtpies at the little farm of the restaurant!

AWWWWWWWW~
I wanna bring them home :(


After lunch, back to activities! We had a rural experience which we sat on tractor train and toured around the town, nothing much so I didn't take any photos. After that it was dinner!! Had our dinner at this old times concept place!
back to 80s
didn't take all the dished because everyone started eating alrd! Taiwaneses are not into instagram fever hahahaha!
and bought this! Marble soda do anyone remember this?!
Yup that's the end of Day 10!


DAY 11

Trying to imitate 那些年 LOL
We started the day with Tea Plantation visit, a really interesting place you would not have gone if you're travelling leisure!


We went hands on to pluck our tea leaves too! And the weather was BLOODY HOT that day!
All suited up! :D
Everyone was so hardworking hahahah! 
The amount of tea leaves we plucked in about 15 to 20 minutes 
That's me frying the leaves haha!
It's was quite an fun experience to try this out! They even prepared the tea leaves into small packets and gave to everyone of us! And next, lunch time!

I don't know why they have sashimi when it's a Taiwan restaurant but oh well just eat hahaha!
This is yummy!!!


After lunch, we went to Mei Hua Lake Trail for cycling! Cycled 2 rounds the trail, and taught Shi Teng how to cycle hahaha! Made me think of the days in our DBA09 chalet when Xian Ren taught me how to cycle!

Quack quack~

We headed to Luodong Forestry Culuty Park next! Spent our time there taking lots of photos!

It's actually quite scary to be on top! I crawled down because I was too afraid to walk HAHAHAHA! 


For dinner, we spent our time walking around Luodong Night Market and trying out street food!

Pardon my photo, my phone camera can't really focus :/ It's fried sweet corn coated with cheese powder!! YUMZ~
Waffle that tasted so good!
And Jia Rong deserved a marksman badge! He cleared ALL the balloons and won a soft toy for his gf! SO SWEET RIGHT!
And guess what, I caught these 2 cuties by myself with at the first try! HEHEHEHE


DAY 12


Headed to National Center for Traditional Arts before the typhoon hits us!



Did handpainting because it's only 50 NT! 
S for Shu Hui :)

I bought some Taiwan traditional snacks there, and next we headed back to Taipei because typhoon was gonna hit Yi Lan anytime!

The dark clouds! Scary!

Headed to our final hotel for the trip, rest a while and off to NTU for our farewell party! It was officially the last day for ASES Taiwan Summit! 

one of the organiser who is super high and super interested in knowing more about Singlish that he kept forcing us to chat in front of him hahaha!
With Elene! 
Mill! 
Cassandra! The most senior one from Singapore because the rest of us are just going year 2 hahahah! 
My babe! If not for her I would not have know about this program! 
With Jia Rong! 
With Mr. Paul-pular! His name is Paul Yusuke and he was so popular that EVERYONE wrote a note for him!!
The president of the club! 

And that's the end of Day 12, and day 13 is just about leaving Taiwan and back to Singapore so mehhh not blogging about it! Really glad I joined the program because I really enjoyed it! Good experience to work with people for all different countries, and the programs and activities were enriching! Great 13 days spent in Taiwan!






Finally done with Taiwan trip! 1 month after I'm back from Krabi but really no time to blog! I NEED MORE TIME~~~~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment