Thursday, September 05, 2013

365 days together...


First year anniversary with Eugene Tan Di Jian on 27.08.13! I was quite surprised when he took an off day to spend the day together, when I actually thought we are going to celebrate on the weekend hahaha! 
So last Tuesday, I rushed out of school after my lesson, to collect the gift I made for Eugene! Then went home to do some work, took a nap, and prepared and dressed up for the date! My boy came to my house to pick me up, and off we went to the restaurant he chose! Yes I'm the kind of girl who likes guys to make decisions, so I always force Eugene to prepare the venues for dates, the food to order etc hahaha! And I can say he did improve a lot from one year ago to now, last time he couldn't make a decision at all and we were just there pushing to each other! But of course there's still certain time when he was still indecisive now and can take 1 hour to decide a place to eat :S, make me wanna vomit blood!

camwhore on the bus!
retarded expression hahahah! 
My ootd! Got this floral dress from Wisteria! Pretty piece but I feel it's still a bit loose for me :/ 

And being stuck in the traffic jam for quite a while, we finally reached the restaurant for the day - DOZO at River Valley Point! I got a shock when I first saw that place, an even greater shock when I saw the menu!!!! Didn't expect my boy to be so generous that day :P, but oh well it was a great place for our celebration! We had a private room to ourselves, all thanks to it being a weekday and the reservation! The 7 courses set meal cost $59++, adding up to $70 per pax! :O But beside the price, it's really a great place and I will recommend everyone of you to bring your bf/gf/mother/father/boss or whoever you want to impress to the place! They have good service, good food and good atmosphere! 

The dishes are quite exclusive and unique, something like fusion cuisines! I'll introduce one by one of the dishes we had! 

Before the starter was served, they served us this Yuzu Tea to quench our thirst when we just reached! How thoughtful of them! Small snack, fried spaghetti, was also provided for free! 

Looks so cooling right! 
And then our starter! 

YUMYUMYUM look at these!! The first one is my favourite salmon, the second is scallop with some cool bubble on that, and I can't remember what's the last one but it's still good! 

The cold dish up next! It was only the first dish and I could feel the differences in DOZO and other restaurants. They have really good services, after every dish they will just appear at the right timing to collect our dish, get comments about the dish,make the effort to introduce the unique points about every dish before giving us our private space and exiting the room. I appreciated it a lot because I'm a very curious person (which Eugene called suaku -.-, always saying "Can don't give that suaku face or not! People will think I never bring you out before!"), I would like to know more about the food of course!

My cold dish - seasonal sashimi! Super fresh! Even the wasabi was craved into a leaf! The tuna was super good because it had roes on it, I can taste both the roes and tuna in my mouth with just a bite! 
Eugene's King Crab Salad! 

Next, the side dish!
Tempura soft shell crab with mash potato! Great combination with their homemade sauce! 

Eugene's Beef Tender with some pastries! I don't really like it hahaha! 
I was quite surprised by the number of options we get to choose! We can choose among around 6 dishes for each course! And soup next!

Japanese Clam Soup! It's quite unique because most restaurants have clam chowder usually! This taste good and healthy! Seems bland but the taste is quite strong!  
This is cool shit! Eugene's Crab Bisque in Cappuccino style! You drink it like it's coffee! And it's super thick, I love it!  
And main dish!
Beef Tenderloin on hot stone! The fan-looking thingy is fried spaghetti! It's super good yumyumyumyum!
Eugene's Duck Con fit!
And it's not the end yet! Dessert up next! 
Warm Lava Chocolate Cake! The best one I had in my life! It's super thick and chocolatey, but not too sweet! 
Eugene's Black Sesame Ice Cream and Milk Jelly! I don't really like the taste of the jelly! D:

And lastly, our drinks! 
The name is some love potion, and we didn't know it was a couple drink, so we ordered one each and we had an awkward 4 tubes for us hahahahahah! 

So that's the end of the 7 courses! Super full and worth it! And you can notice how much effort to put in to decorate the plates and all! It made me enjoyed my food even more! 


As we were resting after all the food, the staff surprised us with another cake! They called my boyfriend and asked if it was any special day before we came, and he said it's nothing much just an anniversary dinner! They took note of it and surprised both of us! Super good service to make the effort to go an extra mile! 
So sweet right!!!



And it was time to unwrap our presents for each other! My boy's turn first!


Love looking at his smiles :) Felt so satisfied! 
I spent a lot of effort for his gifts! Really glad he love it! :D 

Firstly, Tiramisu for my hero! It costed about $30 for 3 jars from TheTiramisuHero! Quite pricey and I had to go down all the way to the seller's house to collect it! It taste quite good, but too overrated for its price! 

Next, a scrapbook I made for months, recording our journey together, from how we knew each other to how we are today :). I hope he love it, because I had a fun time making it! Can't take any photo of the content because it was tooooo cheesy HAHAHAHA! A BIT PAISEH AH 
And lastly, Agnes.b bracelet for him!

And his gift for me!! 
Pandora bracelet! He knew I had always wanted one, so he went to get it for me! I LOVE IT! 
"This 2 lovebirds represent you and me." AWWW so sweet of him to choose this charm! 

Polaroids for the day! 

Really enjoyed the day with him :) This one year with him is the best time of my life, I have never felt so blissful before. Happy to be together with such an awesome boyfriend, who is so understanding towards me and always making me laugh with his silly and stupid jokes! I'm glad to say we're one of the few couples I know who RARELY quarrel! I'm so looking forward to the future with him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment