Sunday, January 19, 2014

Day 19 of 2014.

It has been 2 weeks since I started work at Zalora. I have not done anything too in depth into buying, my job scope currently is only data entry and using excel. Hopefully I can get a better experience of fashion buying soon, if not I have to make plans to make my LOA more well spent!

The company culture is very interesting. The average age is 28 and the office itself has over 30 different nationalities. The company has not much of a hierarchy, which I find it very westernize and interesting. I had worked in many companies, but have never seen a company like that. I especially love to observe the people around me, on how they communicate and their work hahahaha, too bored alrd you know!!! 

Food around town is soooooo expensive! And my intern pay is so pathetic (still got deduct CPF leh !@#$%^%^&) that I cooked my own lunch to work almost everyday! My routine everyday is wake up 30 to 45 mins earlier than usual to cook -> wash up, make up and go out -> work work work ->  come home for dinner, rest and slack a while, wash up -> prepare veggie for the next day -> sleep and it's a repeat again. It's more tiring than schooling I feel! Prolly because it's 10 to 7 and Mon to Fri, when school is only few days and definitely shorter!

I MISS SCHOOL I WILL DEFINITELY WORK HARDER FOR NEXT SEM



ON A SIDE NOTE, an update of my life recently!

Sometime I did up when I was bored! 


Wanted to put this in office, but my office and my table is pathetic D:. I think Zalora is expanding too fast but there's no space to fit all the employees already. So I just left this at home instead...


Had to dress up for work on one weekend, and here's me in Nyonya costume! People said I look damn demure and my mum said I look good in it so I'm posting this HAHAHAH! #egoboost 有没有 有没有!




And then a meet up with the Seattle girls (+ 1 guy)! We just talk talk talk, and sometimes I really suspect Jerome is a girl in disguise because he's so 38 and can join in the gossip HAHAA!


























And a shopping trip with my dear bff, and here's what I bought! 3 tops, 4 bottoms, 2 necklaces, and a pair of heels for $197 in total!!! I really opportunistic buyer hahahaha! 




One of  the Taiwanese we met in ASES Taiwan Summit came to Singapore, and we decided to show our hospitality and brought them to Chomp Chomp for dinner! Look at the amount of food we ordered! We managed to finish them all O.O!


Wait ah need to zoom out a bit...

SEEE!!!! And that's not all! Steven (we call him Tomato because his chinese name is Fan jie) ordered another 2 plates of cockles and crayfish!!! The table too small to fit all the plates that the uncle beside us let us put our drinks and plates there HAHAAH!


Taiwanese really very friendly! They kept saying everything very nice, and want to pay for all the food! But of course not, although they are guys, we still split by paying some of the dishes! I think they friendliness influenced the hawker uncles too, a few uncles was chatting with Steven and even talked to him when we were leaving!




Okay that's all off to nua again! Weekend is so precious now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment